Does someone you know need help with their computer, iPad, tablet or smartphone?
From January 2020 our volunteers will be offering Digital Inclusion sessions on a one-to-one basis during Repair Café hours.
The help on offer
- Using a computer for the first time and understanding the mouse and keyboard
- Using email, Skype or Facebook to keep in touch with friends and family
- Ordering your groceries and having them delivered to your door
- Searching and applying for jobs online
- Researching your hobbies and interests
- Using price comparison websites to find the best deals on everything from car insurance to utilities
- Booking appointments with your doctor or hospital online
- Looking up bus and train times and finding the cheapest fares, flights and hotel rooms
Digital Inclusion = supporting adults to be confident with technology
Being online isn't a luxury - it's a necessity
If you're offline, you're missing out on a wealth of benefits. Shopping online can save you up to £560 per year, whilst around 92% of all job vacancies require applicants to have at least basic IT skills.
There are also benefits associated with health and well-being: email, Skype and Facebook are not only fantastic communication tools; they also play a vital role in reducing feelings of loneliness and isolation. In short, having access to the internet is empowering, liberating and seriously good fun.